Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Class Registration and Preparation

Today I got to finalize my class schedule. Right now, it's looking like I won't have class on Tuesday except for one week. I may also not have class on Friday, but that depends on whether or not I can get my seminar section for my history class switched.

I have found, that like UIC, class registration at UCD is all about timing. The earlier you register, the better off you are. It seems to me that being a single semester student, I'm not exactly high up in the order. So I'll just go into my first history class and see if the professor/school will make an exception for me.

I also went shopping for some things today. I got some pants that are made from synthetic material, so if they get wet in those Irish rains, they'll dry faster. I also bought a type of fanny pack that you wear under your clothes while you're traveling. You keep your important things like passport and money in there so that they are concealed and inaccessible from thieves, gypsies, and pickpockets.

Also started laying out clothes and things I'll be needing. Only four more days until I leave. I must admit, though, that I am not in an academic state of mind. Having had four months of summer vacation, I am feeling particularly lazy. My friends at UIC started class this week, and I can't imagine how much of a drag it would be to have classes this week, or any time in the near future. Unfortunately, I'll be sitting in a lecture theater within two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment