Friday, November 8, 2013

Pasta Party and Trip Planning

This week has been a little stressful with a lot of reading for class, getting in the mindset for finals, and making travel plans. Monday through Wednesday was pretty routine, going to class, doing homework, and planning travel. I've got to say, planning travel is hard, especially when you'll be on your own. It's a learning experience though. Right now I'm thinking of doing Italy doing my reading week in December, then Spain and a little bit of France between the end of the semester and New years. Finally I'll end up in London for New Years, which should be awesome. Still need to plan and book my tickets though.

While Monday through Wednesday was pretty uneventful, yesterday got really interesting. I'm part of a group on Facebook with international students and every now and then, they plan get-togethers to make different kinds of food and hang out. It's kind of like a cultural food exchange. So last night I decided to host one at my apartment. There was something like 20 to 25 people all crammed into my apartment, and I didn't know most of them, but that was okay. The "theme" was pasta party, so my Italian friends cooked some pasta for us, which was delicious. I guess it's true that Italians are great chefs. To go with the pasta we had some brownies, cake, wine, and music. It was a grand time. I met a bunch of new people from Chile, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Bulgaria, Canada, and the US (of course).



 Here's the entire group...it was quite a gathering.

And our wonderful Italian chefs.



So after the party, for which we received a noise complaint and were told by an RA to leave by 10, we all walked a bit off campus to a pub for some drinks and hanging out. It was a friend of a friend's birthday so we all sang for her, and it was good craic. Overall, it was one hell of a night (more pictures under the Pictures tab above).

This weekend should be a lot of fun too. Today I have to clean up the apartment after last night, but tomorrow, I might be going to see Ireland vs. Samoa in rugby, and then maybe a house party at a friend's place. Sunday I have a field trip for my archeology class, and I might be going into the city center to a night club too. It's going to be pretty busy!


No comments:

Post a Comment