Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Yes, Oh My God!!!

Today was pretty cool. It started out normal, but it got way better. I went to Jazz Society today, and it was again one of those beginner sessions, so I was really bored. But...at the end, they started talking about the Cork Jazz Festival. I signed up to go with the society (85 euro for three nights stay and tickets...pretty good deal!). I found out that the main tickets we got were to see...wait for it...

THE MINGUS BIG BAND!!!!!!!!!!

and...

SNARKY PUPPY!!!!!!!!

Basically when I found out, it was like when the beat drops in this song (you can skip to about 33 seconds to hear it, but the effect is better if you listen from the beginning)...


So, needless to say, I'm pretty pumped to go to Cork. Not even the stupid heavy metal guitar player in Jazz Society today could bring me down (seriously though, the guy was playing heavy metal music while he soloed on "So What"...who does that?)

Here's some Mingus Big Band and Snarky Puppy tunes. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment