Wednesday, January 1, 2014

London (Part 2) - Bringing in the New Year...United Kingdom style

For some reason, the title of this post reminded me of this...


Mental tangents aside, New Years was quite a fun time in London. During the day I was at home relaxing, keeping up with my correspondence, and other things. Then at night, I headed into the city center to meet up with my friends from the band. We played some games at their hotel for a bit, then went out on the town. After going to 2 bars that were closing at 11 (why?), we finally went into the real city center, across Millennium Bridge from St. Paul's to a bar called Founder's Arms, where we brought in the New Year. We also met some English people and became the best of chums.


At New Years, I realized again by talking with our new friends, and by people-watching, that people are the same all over the world. There are good and bad people everywhere, but we all seem to go through the same day to day problems and have the similar experiences of daily life. Of course there are extreme exceptions to this but I'm writing in generalizations. It makes me wonder why there's so much disagreement and fighting in the modern world. When it really boils down to it, we're all the same, you know?

Okay philosophical exploration over. As I'm leaving for home tomorrow...wait.......what? Wow, I'm leaving for Chicago tomorrow. Well I'd better get packing! Don't worry, my sappy goodbye post is coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment