Monday, September 2, 2013

First Impressions

I finally made it to Dublin! The journey was a little longer than expected. Delay at O'hare due to weather and maintenance issues. Arrived in Dublin around 11:30 a.m. local time. Checked into my residence hall at UCD and things are going ok. I don't know anyone here, and I'm not the most outgoing person, so meeting people has been a challenge. Then again, I've only been here for a few hours. The room is kind of small but it'll do.



I admit that I feel a little out of place here. It seems that a lot of people already know other people, even some of the international students. I think I just need time to adjust and meet people. It's a pretty terrifying experience. I'm looking forward to meeting my roommates. I met one who is from Rochester and goes to Elon University. He's here on some program, so he knows people...unfair. Haven't seen the other two roommates.

I walked around a bit of the campus for a bit earlier today. It's a very nice looking campus, but it's pretty big compared to UIC, so I'm going to have to plan ahead to make sure I'm not late to classes. Later tonight I'll probably walk/hang out around campus and then go to the international student mixer. Tomorrow it'll be grocery shopping, getting a phone, and other such necessities.

2 comments:

  1. So exciting Arun!! You'll meet plenty of people soon enough who are feeling the same way as you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taylor! I have a friend from high school who's arriving tomorrow, and I think once I have one person to go around with, it'll probably become a little easier.

      Delete