Thursday, September 19, 2013

Test Scores and Ambassadors

Earlier this week, I finally received my scores for the MCAT. Well...to put it simply, I'm going to medical school! One of my friends here who goes to Syracuse also took the MCAT on the same day as me, so we got our scores together. He also did very well, so to celebrate, we decided to go to the student clubhouse and have a pint. We wanted to get our other friends to go, but they all were busy with school stuff, so we went by ourselves. Hopefully sometime soon we'll get all our friends together and have a complete celebration. Needless to say, it was a great day!

Then today after class, I went to the welcome reception for international students. It was basically like a mixer for international students, so we got a chance to meet and mingle with other students. I met some more Americans, some Canadians, and some Malaysians. Overall, it was pretty cool. We also got a chance to meet and talk with the new Chargé d'Affairs of the American embassy in Ireland. Basically he's the American ambassador to Ireland. He was a pretty chill guy, and he has only been in Ireland for two and a half weeks, just like the rest of us! The one thing I couldn't get over was that he was about a foot taller than me, putting him around 6'10"...crazy tall. So, overall, a good night.

This weekend is going to be pretty cool. Tomorrow morning, I'm leaving with the International Student Society for Galway, Ireland. We'll be traveling around that area of Western Ireland, visiting some cool sights (Cliffs of Moher, Aran Islands, etc). Should be a good time. I think this will be a good time for me to get an authentic Aran Island sweater. We'll also be going to some pubs and maybe a night club. I also was told that the hostel in which we are staying has a guitar and piano for guests to play...Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment