Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

Having not had school-like activities for four months over the summer, adjusting to taking classes proves to be somewhat challenging. So far, I've only had Sociology and Irish classes, although later today I have my Irish Studies class from 6 to 8 (yuck!). Overall, it has been a pretty chill week. Not a lot going on.

There are a lot of events for international students, so I have to keep track and decide which ones are worth the money. For example, there is this I Love Dublin festival that goes on throughout the semester, with themed parties every few weeks. I could buy a wristband to get into all of them for 25 euro, or I can pay 7 euro at the door. I'm not really the partying type, so I figured I'm better off going to two or three that I'm interested in, rather than pay for the wristband and not go to all of them. Also there are trips with the International Student Society that require payment, but tickets get sold super fast. I also want to see if I can get to the UK at least once this semester before break, London in particular. But, I don't want to go alone, so hopefully I can convince some friends to go with me.

Also another thing I need to get used to here is not having class 5 days a week. I'll only have classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I honestly don't know what I'll do with so much free time on Tuesdays and Fridays. And I know that when I come back to UIC, and classes 5 days a week, I'll have a hard time adjusting back to class everyday.

Overall, having a good time in Ireland. Just trying to have a good time, but also be smart about where I spend my time and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment